Center for Effective Lawmaking 2022-2023 Annual Report
We are proud to present the Center for Effective Lawmaking Annual Report for 2022-2023. Here you will see highlights from the last academic year showcasing the accomplishments of the Center in promoting the generation, communication, and use of new knowledge about the effectiveness of individual lawmakers and U.S. legislative institutions, as well as our plans and goals for the future. These include but are not limited to:
- The release of our Legislative Effectiveness Scores for the 117th Congress
- Announcing the recipients of our 2022-2023 small grant awards
- Introducing new members of our Center Affiliate teams, including Christian Fong, Ju Yeon (Julia) Park, Patrick Buhr, and Emily Cottle Ommundsen
- Introducing our newest Advisory Board Member, Congressman Tom Davis
- Hosting our 5th Annual Research Conference, which included recognizing the recipient of our Annual Best Publication on Effective Lawmaking award
- Presenting the latest entry in our Conversations with Lawmakers series with an interview with Representative Will Hurd
- Co-hosting a congressional staff retreat with the Stennis Center for Public Service
- Co-hosting the event “Success in the States: How Outstanding State Lawmakers Lead and Govern”
- Hosting a congressional staff event to engage with “Tools for Effective Lawmaking” on Capitol Hill
- Presenting our work to the LEGIS Congressional Fellowship program at the Brookings Institution
- Contributing to a panel discussion hosted by the Tommy G. Thompson Center on Public Leadership at the University of Wisconsin-Madison about “Measuring the Effectiveness of Public Leaders”
The Center is thankful for all those who have helped make these accomplishments possible and allowed us to bring our rigorous data-driven insights to those who seek to advance plausible solutions and institutional reforms to engage with the current challenges in our lawmaking institutions. We look forward to building off of this success in the current academic year.
To be a part of our mission, email firstname.lastname@example.org.