The Center for Effective Lawmaking 2018-2019 Annual Report
Welcome to the 2019 edition of the Center for Effective Lawmaking Annual Report. This overview report represents our annual means of spreading the word about the accomplishments, broad goals, and future plans for the Center.
In a time when observers of politics have been quick to lament political polarization in the United States, and express frustration about the inability of our lawmaking institutions to engage with pressing policy problems, we strive to draw on our skills as social scientists and academic scholars to bring some clarity to these discussions.
In our new annual report you can:
- Learn more about our 30 academic research projects
- Read about our first post-doctoral assistant’s experience firsthand
- See what events we sponsored throughout the country
- Understand how our nonprofit center is funded
- See our future goals and growth strategies, and learn how you can help
We thank you for your support. Questions about what it takes to get things done in Congress are not going away anytime soon. The Center for Effective Lawmaking is well-positioned to bring rigorous data-driven insights to those willing to wrestle with how to advance plausible solutions and institutional reforms to improve our lawmaking institutions.