- Legislators who have served in c
- Bipartisan legislators are likely to be more effective lawmakers.
We are currently engaged in a number of additional research projects in this space including:
- Exploring the extent to which educational backgrounds establish the skills and networks that enhance lawmaking effectiveness.
- Exploring the extent to which effective lawmaking in state legislatures translates into effective lawmaking in Congress.
- Exploring the extent to which candidates reveal characteristics during their campaigns that can be used to identify them as future effective or ineffective lawmakers once elected.
We serve as the facilitating organization and co-sponsor for all primary and general election debates held at the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy.